If you are desperately trying to log into App World to download your apps or update your currently installed apps, you will need to log in with your Blackberry ID and password .
But What happens if you forgot your ID and / or password ?
It seems like you are not alone and many people have forgotten their password or are having issues with their Blackberry ID. So for all those who have mailed me (and those that haven’t) here is How to reset a BlackBerry ID password :
Just like all “websites” that have a “I have forgotten my password” facility so does App World. Here is what you do:
- On your desktop fire up the browser and go to : http://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/recoverpassword (by the way: you can use this link on your Playbook or Blackberry phone too)
- You will be asked for your BlackBerry ID email address and to enter the CAPTCHA characters, then click the Submit > button
- You will then get an email confirming your password reset and it will be delivered to the BlackBerry ID email address. (for security reasons, it will NOT come to your phone so have your PC on standby)
- The reset email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you click on the link in the email it will open up the rest page. You will be prompted to enter the new password and click on the Submit > button
- You then done and ready to roll !
Don’t forget you can log into your App World from a desktop browser: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/
Check out the other “how to fix an issue with App world” : App World is not available for download on BlackBerry App World