When you play online games with your PS4, you want a nice fast internet connection. If you don’t, there is so much lag (delay for the layman) that your character in the game isn’t able to keep up with the ever-changing scenes and you land up being killed. A lot.
This happened to me and my teammates just gave up and left me to die on the Call Of Duty Battleground.
In order to fix my PS4’s slow internet and boost it’s speed, there isn’t much you can do. It’s not like a gaming computer that you can check your internet speed, then buy better components, more ram, better graphics card, and processor. Also, I don’t want to spend that kind of money.
How can you boost your PS4 internet speed for FREE :
- Log into your PS4
- Head up to Settings
- Find the Network settings
- Choose WiFi (ideally select LAN if you have a wired connection)
- Select CUSTOM
- Connect to your home WiFi
- Select automatic settings until you see the DNS screen.
- Choose Manual and enter 188.8.131.52 as your primary DNS and 184.108.40.206 as your secondary DNS.
watch this video for more!
Also check out How to access any WiFi Hotspots without the login screen and if your internet is slow, perhaps your ISP is deliberately slowing down your internet? Check it out here