TheTechieGuy.com was founded in order for me to share my view of gadgets, devices, and tech-related products and services.
However, whilst spending time and money to bring you these reviews and information, I obviously incur expenses and therefore have to monetize the website. I do this by:
1. Sponsored links: Occasionally we would refer to a company or brand’s website with a link in a story that we are paid for. We will mark that post with the word sponsored.
2. Sponsored post: if we are involved in a campaign that requires a blog post, we will mark that with the word sponsored. However, we only post items that we believe have real value, someone can learn something from it or is interesting. We do not accept sponsored post for items that do not fit these criteria.
3. Review Posts: we are given devices or products to review. Most of the time these are returned to the brand after the review period. Should we know in advance that the device is been given as a gift we will disclose that in the post.
4. Tweets promoting paid for posts will include #ad.
5. Trips: At times we are sent on trips with the brands – be it local or international trips. We will mention that in the article too.
6. Affiliate: We participat in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Authenticity is key
All items on the site must adhere to our core values. The posts must do one or more of these items: Be Newsworthy, Be able to Learn from it, Be Interesting.
We will always be honest – no product is 100% perfect and no product is 100% flawed. We will tell you our experience with it. We are not for sale.