When you mix the right ingredients together, amazing chemistry happens. This is one of those times. I partnered with Takealot.com and embarked on a super-secret mission. Here is what I got up to:
This story started when I looked around Johannesburg malls and noticed very few people smiling. People seemed to be in a rush; mostly talking on their cell phones between escalator rides and car parks. It’s already July and 2017 isn’t keeping its promise of being better than its predecessor…
I had an idea. What if we could sprinkle some fun onto random strangers? Lighten their day. Make them smile. And for a brief moment, just live in the now…
To pull off my plan, I needed an awesome company who would just “get it” and naturally Takealot.com was not only on board, but they took it to another level.
Warming a cold Johannesburg day:
Takealot armed me with the Nintendo Switch and I hit some of Johannesburg’s hot spots ready to approach strangers with this offer: Who wants to play Mario Karts and the best time would win a Takealot Gift Voucher.
At first, people were very guarded. Most thought I wanted to sell them something (or ask for money…). Not a great way to live life and even more reason to break through those walls. Eventually, that Johannesburg spirit won and strangers, who moments ago were just hanging out in the same proximity, very quickly became gaming-buddies. The smiles were seen everywhere. The new buddies encouraged each other and freely offered/ shouted racing tips!
Julie-Anne Walsh, Chief Marketing Officer at, Takealot.com says that “We know our customers work hard all year, and sometimes you forget to stop and take a moment to reflect on all that you’ve achieved in the year so far. You’ve made it to July! So it’s time to spoil yourself with something special, just for you.”
Takealot has made shopping on its site so simple that everyone can do it, anytime, anywhere. You don’t have a computer? No problem, you can shop via the Takealot app, available for Apple or Android. Plus you get FREE DELIVERY on your first order and all orders of R450 or more.
“With our #RewardYourself Clearance Sale, Takealot.com customers can enjoy massive savings on thousands of products across the site, including awesome Gaming deals. This should give you the boost you need to make it to the end of the year!”
But there is more good news…
Takealot wanted to extend the Reward Yourself feeling beyond just those people who got to play with the Nintendo Switch, so they have given me 5 x R200 Takealot Gift Vouchers to give away in the #RewardYourself competition!
To enter, all you need to do is head over and register on the Takealot site, find any awesome product you would love to have and simply copy-and-paste the link (the URL) into the comment section below.
That’s it! We will pick 5 winners at random who will each win themselves a R200 Takealot gift voucher.
The mandatory Terms and Conditions:
- The competition closes on Friday 6th AUGUST 2017 at 17:00 South African Time.
- You must live in South Africa and competition is open to South African residents only.
- You must be 18 years or older.
- The prize is not transferable and is not exchangeable for another prize or cash.
- The decision of TheTechieGuy regarding the winners is final.
- Winners will be drawn using a website service that picks random winners from a list.
- Winners will be contacted via Email and/or cell phone number provided when entering.
- Should Winners not claim his/her prize or be contactable within 48 hours of being notified, the prize will be forfeited.
- The competition may end or change at any time without notice.
- The Prizes are 5 x R200 Takealot gift vouchers. Only one voucher per winner.
- Rules can change at any time, and without notice so keep your eye on this blog post
- TheTechieGuy, Liron Segev, will not be responsible for any consequential and/or direct and/or indirect damages of any nature whatsoever. In all instances, the maximum liability for any damages awarded by a competent court shall be limited to R100.
- Whilst all effort has been made to include accurate information, Liron Segev, and its contracting partners, cannot be held responsible for inaccurate information (E&OE)
Note: Takealot sponsored this campaign and as usual, all opinions and execution of the campaign remain my own.