How to play your PlayStation 4 games on your computer
My PlayStation is permanently connected to the TV in the lounge. My wife and kids use it to watch Netflix and we use it for gaming whenever we want to blow things up (as one does…) But there are times where the kids are watching Cable TV and I want to play some games – now we have a conflict of TV Time…
Not anymore !
I discovered a feature called Remote Play. This feature allows you to play your PS4 games using your PS Vita gaming console or Sony phones. I own neither of these devices, but I discovered that there is a way to connect your PlayStation 4 to your computer and you can even use your DUALSHOCK™4 controller too.
So now, I can play my games while the TV is being used in the other room and calm has returned to the lan10d…
Here is how to play your PS4 on your computer:
1. Head over to this link: https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/remoteplay/lang/en/index.html
2. Click on Windows PC or Mac
3. The RemotePlayInstaller.exe file will download if you are on a Windows machine
4. Click on the file and follow the installation instructions
5. While that is happening, go over to your PS4 and go into Settings, Remote Play Connection Settings,Put a tick on Enable Remote Play
6. Open the Remote Play software that you just installed on your computer
7. Connect your DUALSHOCK™4 Controller to your computer via the USB cable
8. Click on the Start button and the software will begin to look for your PS4. Make sure you are on the same WIFI network as your PS4 Console. If at first it doesn’t detect your PS4, then just keep trying until it does find the console.
9. feel a massive grin as your PS4 console comes to life and you are able to play and control your game direct from your computer !
10. If you see that your games are lagging, then try change these settings. Note: this is a very intensive operation that relies on your WiFi Network. If your network is congested due to streaming TV/ YouTube or big downloads or uploads, these actions will have an impact on your gaming experience. Ideally all these services should not be active or a wired network is better compared to wireless.