Since changing my mobile setup from Contract to Pre-Paid, I am now free to choose any cellular network and port my number to the one that offers me the best deals. The Telkom Mobile Network is one cellular network that I have not had the opportunity to use and upon hearing mixed reviews I decided to get a pre-paid SIM, load it with Data and give the network a test to find out for myself.
When I test a network, I look for the Three C:
- Consistency – can I use my phone and it just works all the time?
- Clarity – when I chat, is it clear or do I keep repeating “can you hear me now” ?
- Connectivity – can I use devices to work? stream video? Social Media?
Having used the Telkom Network during my usual work/ play, here is what I discovered:
Update : We have a new Competition – CLOSED
Looks like Telkom liked my video ! *takes a bow* and have offered a new Samsung Galaxy S6 to give away to a readers of this Blog ! (now you take a bow)
All you need to do to win this prize is email [email protected] and tell me the speed of the downloads that I managed to get in Melrose Arch when I ran the speedtest
Hint: Watch the video and it will be a number in Mbps – oh and don’t forget to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and Thumb Up the video too!
Please in include your Full name and contact number too.
COMPETITION has closed
There has to be Terms and Conditions so here they are:
- The competition closes on the 30th April 2015 at 17:00 South African Time.
- This competition is NOT a Telkom competition but my own. So no getting upset with Telkom!
- You must live in South Africa and competition is open to South African residents only.
- You must be 18 years or older.
- The prize is not transferable and is not exchangeable for another prize or cash.
- The decision of TheTechieGuy regarding the winners is final.
- Winner will be contacted via Email and/or Cell phone as per details provided when entering.
- Should Winner not claim his/her prize or be contactable within 48 hours of being notified, a new draw will take place.
- The competition may end at any time without notice.
- The Prize is the Samsung Galaxy S6 and is provided by Telkom. The winner will be contacted via Telkom’s PR company to make delivery arrangements.
- Rules can change at anytime, and without notice so keep your eye on this blog post
- TheTechieGuy, Liron Segev, will not be responsible for any consequential and / or direct and / or indirect damages of any nature whatsoever. In all instances maximum liability for any damages awarded by a competent court shall be limited to R100.
- Whilst all effort has been made to include accurate information, Liron Segev and its contracting partners, can not be held responsible for inaccurate information (E&OE)