Julia is the autonomous cooking system we have been waiting for! CES 2020
Most people can all cook an egg or make toast, but not all of us would classify ourselves as master chefs. By the time we come home after a long day at work, the last thing we want to do is to start experimenting with dinner….
Wouldn’t it be wonderful if you could press a button and magically, using your existing products at home, a wonderfully delicious meal could be prepared? How about conjuring a yummy recipe like top chefs at the touch of a button on a tablet?
This is where Julia comes in!
Julia is an intelligent, autonomous cooking system that makes delicious meals with minimal effort.
The Julia system is comprised of a Smart Kitchen Hub that suggests meals and provides step-by-step guides to following recipes and a Smart Kitchen Appliance that takes the work out of preparing dishes with the ability to carry out a myriad of cooking tasks.
With Julia, meals practically make themselves, thanks to her ability to weigh, chop, knead, mix, cook and steam in one device. All you have to do is simply select a meal from one of her many recipes, add ingredients to her bowl as she instructs and sits back while Julia takes over and does the rest.
When finished, she will even wash herself up!
Julia Smart Kitchen Hub
At the heart of the system is the Smart Kitchen Hub, a tailor- made tablet optimized for the tough kitchen environment but portable for use anywhere in the home.
The tablet controls the kitchen appliance and allows users to browse Julia’s growing catalog of hundreds of recipes created and tested by professional chefs exclusively for CookingPal.
As well as providing users with step-by-step video guides to prepare recipes, it will also help them find their next favorite meal by using AI-powered recipe recommendations that factor in the number of people being catered for and personal preferences.
Using its built-in camera and AI food recognition capability, it can also suggest recipes based on pictures of what’s in stock at home!
Thanks to the Smart Kitchen Hub, users can even order the ingredients they’re missing and have them delivered at their convenience from partnering retailers that can be accessed directly in the tablet.
The more meals that are made with Julia, the more personalized her recommendations become. The system will send push notifications of new recipes and suggestions based on cooking history and favorite ingredients.
When hands get messy, the touch-screen tablet features a large physical jog dial that provides familiar haptic feedback. When hands are busy, the Smart Kitchen Hub will respond to voice commands. In addition to the Smart Kitchen Hub, much of Julia’s functionality can be accessed and controlled by the dedicated CookingPal app.
While Julia may look like a food processor, her Smart Kitchen Appliance is one of the most sophisticated in the world and able to handle a myriad of cooking tasks with complete autonomy.
Julia has ten culinary functions including chopping, mixing & blending, kneading, steaming and cooking. She can also weigh ingredients with a built-in scale, regulate heat settings and self-time every step of the meal prep.
Smart Kitchen Appliance
- Design: Sleek, contemporary compact design (440 x 310 x 370 mm) with a stainless steel 3L All- in-one base with scale accurate to 5g, powerful motor with 10 speeds up to of 5200 RPM and heating unit that cooks up to 130 degrees Celsius/265 degrees Fahrenheit
- Modes: Chop, mix, blend, knead, weigh, boil, emulsify, steam, grind, grate, whisk and cook
- Connectivity: The Smart Kitchen Unit and Smart Kitchen Hub connect via Bluetooth 2 and Wi-Fi a/b/g/n (2.4GHz, 5GHz)
- Cleaning and Care: Julia’s bowl is dishwasher safe or can self-clean simply by adding dish soap and water to the bowl and setting it to mixing mode
Smart Kitchen Hub
- Design: 8.9’ touch screen Android tablet with jog dial and portable stand. Durable features to withstand tough kitchen environments
- Recipes: An always-growing database of hundreds of chef-tested recipes
- Automation: AI food recognition feature assists throughout the cooking process, but also provides valuable nutritional information for each ingredient, allowing the user to make healthy food
- Connectivity: Integrated grocery shopping and delivery feature through partnering retailers. Voice control functionality using leading voice
- App: Accompanying Android or iOS app that will also connect with future CookingPal appliances as well as other smart home devices and apps to create the ultimate connected
Availability and Price
Julia will retail for under $1,000 and will be available in Q3 2020.
Until then, CookingPal will announce additional products in its expanding Smart Kitchen portfolio, including a smart oven and smart pressure cooker.
All CookingPal systems will seamlessly connect with its accompanying app too.