Extracting Email Address from Outlook Folder & Subfolders
On the popular post Extracting all attachments from Outlook I am asked if there is a way to export email address from Outlook folder but also include subfolder.
Well, Outlook itself doesn’t have this facility – so I wrote my own and its here for you to use. And its FREE.
As per usual: when it comes to these things, I have to add my “I take no responsibility whatsoever if this Macro doesn’t work of messes up your Outlook” I suggest backing it up before you continue further… (gotta say this for legal reasons)
Now that you have backed up your work, please continue:
1. Open Outlook
2. Right-click on this File and save it to your computer where you can find it again. Once it is downloaded, extract the one file in there and place it in the MY DOCUMENTS folder.
3. In the ZIP file you have just downloaded is the Macro file. So now we need to Import it into Outlook.
4. Outlook 2010: You need to enable the DEVELOPER ribbon (if you haven’t already done so). It looks like this:
If you don’t have it enabled, then just do the following:
Click on File, Options, Customize Ribbon and then put a Tick on the Developer on the right-hand side.
Click OK and it will appear.
5. Click on Developer and then click on Visual Basic
6. Click on File, Import File
7. Select the extracted file : GetEmailAddress.bas and click on Open
8. Click on File, Close and Return to Outlook
You are now ready to use this !
NOTE: Anytime you want to export all the email address from any folder and its subfolders, you DO NOT have to repeat the above steps – just carry on from here:
Simple click on Developer tab, click on Macros and then Macros again, select the EmailAddress_Subfolder and click on Run !
You will then be prompted to select the folder and once the process is completed you will find a new folder under My Documents named EmailAddressExport and in it you will see a file called: Outputfile.txt which has all the email address
Also in this series of articles, check out:
- You can also check out the How to Extract Folder Name from Outlook 2007
- You can check out the How to Extract all Attachment from Outlook to save onto the computer – not one by one
- One more to check out: How to search for an Outlook folder by name