35 Settings, Tips and Tricks to every Google Pixel 3 owner should know
Should I buy the Google Pixel 3 or the Google Pixel 3 XL?
The last time I reviewed the Pixel was the original Pixel one in October 2016 and back then I thought the phone was pretty darn good. It is now two years later so how much more tech has been shoved into the Pixel and does the Pixel 3 really live up to all the hype?
The wonderful people at Verizon sent me the Google Pixel 3 for review so I now have answers after my hands-on time with the unit!
What do you need to know about the Google Pixel 3?
Having spent some time with the Pixel 3, I can tell you that it does take some getting used to as the navigation has changed due to the new Android Pie operating system. No more Back, Home and Recently Used apps like you are used to, but the functionality is still there.
The Pixel 3 uses Gestures and there is only one Home Button. However, here are some gestures on that home button:
- Tap the Home button -- takes you the home screen.
- Long Press -- this fires up the Google Assistant
- Long Swipe and drag your finger up -- this opens the app drawer where all your apps can be accessed (you can still drop shortcuts to the apps on your screen)
- Press the home button and swipe it to the right -- alternates between the last two used apps.
- Back virtual button -- takes you to the previous screen.
These are just some of the items you need to know. As for the rest, it’s easier to demonstrate: