So you have a folder that you keep all your sales inquiries. Now from out of nowhere you are instructed to send each person an email with your company’s new catalogue.
The thought of having to manually go through each email and copy and paste the email address is nauseating and you wonder how many sick days you have left this year…
Before you reach for the phone to call HR, I have a solution for you !
[Update 24 July 2012 - you can get the new solution that extracts email address from folders and subfolders too]
Here is what you do:
- In Outlook 2007, click on File, Import and Export and the Wizard opens up.
- Select the option to Export to a File and click on Next
- Select Microsoft Excel 97-2003 (or a CSV file) and click on Next
- Select the folder that your sales inquiries reside in and click on Next
- Click on Browse to select a location and then type the file name that you want to export the information to and then click on Next
- Here is the important bit – click on Map Custom Fields. This will bring up a list of all the available fields that are available in that folder.
Since we are only interested in Email address, click on Clear Map and then from the Left side click on From: (address) and drag that to the Right list
- Click on OK
- Click on Finish
Now watch the magic happen – all the Email address will be exported neatly into an Excel spreadsheet that you can now manipulate and use as you wish !
[Bonus Material: How to remove duplicates from the Excel file]
You can also check out the How to Extract Folder Name from Outlook 2007
Also you can check out the How to Exctract all Attachment from Outlook to save onto the computer – not one by one
one more to check out: How to search for an Outlook folder by name
This is also available on YouTube for a step by step tutorial: