I love my laptop. It is lightweight, powerful and makes working on the go an absolute pleasure. However, when I get back to my office I connect my laptop to a keyboard, a mouse, and a large monitor. This way I can extend the screen which allows me to be more productive.
I would love to have this extra-screen functionality when I travel, but of course, boarding planes with a large monitor is neither smart nor practical. There is however a solution and its the device we all carry with us daily – the phone.
By simply installing a free app on your phone and/ or tablet you can instantly add additional screens to your computer’s!
How you can use your phone and/or tablet as a second screen with this free software:
- Step 1: Head over to SpaceDesk.net
- Step 2: Download the Windows server app from the left side of the screen
- Step 3: Install that app by double-clicking on it and following the prompts
- Step 4: Download the “client” which is the app that will run on your Android or iOS phone or tablet
- Step 5: Run the SpaceDesk app on your computer and ensure your phone and computer are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Step 6: Launch the app on your phone or tablet and click on the connection
That is it! your computer now has a second screen.
Want to add more screens? just install the app on other devices!