The days of being tied down to a computer workstation are long behind us.
Even if we use the exact same desk and have the same laptop, we still like to have the ability to connect to the Wi-Fi so we have the freedom to roam around the home or office. Of course, our tablets and cell phones use Wi-Fi constantly while within range before switching over to cellular data and yet when you check your internet speed it can be slow
But a wireless connection can be unstable. There are many factors that affect it such as distance from the router, how thick the walls are and how much interference there is especially from other Wi-Fi networks from the neighbors!
How to increase your Wi-Fi and Internet speed in 6 steps:
- Step 1: You need to download a Wi-Fi Analyzer app on your phone. If you have an Android device, download Netgear Analytic App. If you are on iOS device, download any Wi-Fi Analyzer app.
- Step 2: Launch the app and analyses your Wi-Fi setup – you will notice that you connect on a specific Channel eg. Channel 1.
- Step 3: Look at the other Wi-Fi networks and what channels they are using.
- Step 4. If you notice that the other Wi-Fi networks are also using the same channel as you are, then on the Netgear app there is an option to see which channels are better to use. On the iOS app, look for channels that are free – typically these are 6, 11, 44.
- Step 5: Log into your Router and find the Wi-Fi settings. You can change the channel from AUTO to one of the free channels.
- Step 6: find the WAN/ IP setting in your Router and change the Primary DNS to 22.214.171.124 and Secondary DNS to 126.96.36.199. This will use Cloudflare DNS for better speed.
You are done and your Wi-Fi should be more stable and have better connectivity!
Want to see this in action? Check this out: