Microsoft has taken the wraps off the latest version of Office and Office 365 Home Premium for consumers.
Office 365 Home Premium is a subscription service which includes the latest and most complete set of Office applications and works across up to five devices. So if you have a Windows machine and a tablet and a PC and even a MAC you can use the Office product across all these devices without paying extras (or breaking any laws). This package also comes with extra SkyDrive storage and Skype calling for approximately R750 for an annual subscription (R62 per month).
Microsoft will now deliver many new features and services to the cloud first. This means that customers will always have the latest features without the need to install new upgrades.
For users who still prefer the traditional method of installing software on their machines, the company also released updated versions of the traditional Office suite:
- Office Home and Student 2013
- Office Home and Business 2013
- Office Professional 2013.
There is also an Office 365 University version for students, faculty, and staff, at a price of approximately R750 for a four-year subscription.
Office 365 Home Premium includes the following:
- The latest and most complete set of Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher and Access
- One license for the entire household to use Office on up to five Windows tablets, PCs or Macs, and get Office on Demand from any Internet-connected PC
- An additional 20 GB of SkyDrive cloud storage, three times the amount available with a free SkyDrive account
- 60 free Skype world calling minutes per month
- All future upgrades so you always use the latest time-saving technology
People can learn more about Office 365 Home Premium or try it free for 30 days at http://www.office.com
Also the site has many templates that you can download and use:
Office 365 for businesses will be released globally with new capabilities on February 27th.