man this drove me insane – all of a sudden I could not connect my Samsung Galaxy Note to my laptop to synch or copy files.
No idea why or how and the only message the dear Kies (the synch software) could offer was: “Reconnect the device in Samsung Kies (PC Studio) mode. Current connection Mode not supported by Kies”
eh…what does that even mean ????
So after a long hard look and playing with lots of setting on my phone, I finally discovered what I needed to do to make it work again:
- Make sure the phone is NOT connected to your computer/ laptop.
- On the phone: tap on Settings, then Applications, then Development.
- you will see there USB Debugging. Make sure that is un-ticked.
- Kill all running applications and kill all application in running in memory (RAM) – I use the widget Application Monitor. If you don’t have this app, you can use the popular Advance Task Killer that most of us have.
- Once that is done, open up Kies on the PC
- Once it is open, connect your phone via USB
all should be good with the world once again…