MTN SA has scooped Vodacom launch of BlackBerry 10 by literally an hour and announced that the much-anticipated BlackBerry® Z10 smartphone – MTN stores nationwide will have BlackBerry 10 as of 22 February 2013.
MTN has an array of Blackberry plans designed to suit the demands and affordability of our customers that utilise BlackBerry® BIS services. While existing BlackBerry customers will continue to be able to utilise BlackBerry® BIS services, one important change for customers buying the new BlackBerry® 10 OS is that it does not offer the Blackberry® BIS service. These customers will be able to use their BlackBerry 10 phones like any other smartphone user by loading any of MTN’s data bundles.
“The great news is that MTN has vastly reduced its Internet bundle rates and data price plans for our customers,” elaborates Fairon. “We have reduced our data prices by as much as 40%. Therefore, our BlackBerry® Z10 customers will continue to enjoy BBM, E-mail, Internet browsing, social network and other BlackBerry® services at the most affordable Internet rates on a world-class MTN network.”
The BlackBerry® Z10 will be available at stores on the following MTN packages:
- MTN Anytime 200 for R399 over 24 months (includes R200 airtime value and 250MB)
- MTN Anytime 350 for R499 over 24 months (includes R350 airtime value and 250MB)
- MTN Anytime 500 for R549 over 24 months (includes R500 airtime value and 300MB)
- MTN Anytime 750 for R879 over 24 months (includes R750 airtime value and 300MB)
- MTN Anytime 1200 for R1299 over 24 months (includes R1200 airtime value and 300MB)
- MTN Anytime 1500 for R1599 over 24 months (includes R1500 airtime value and 300MB)
“The BlackBerry® Z10 smartphone delivers a powerful new mobile computing platform for BlackBerry® customers. With BlackBerry® 10, every feature, every gesture, and every detail is designed to keep customers moving,” concludes Alexandra Zagury, managing director at BlackBerry® for South and Southern Africa.