It always confuses me when people say that Blackberry has no base. RIM has revealed an increase in its user base to approximately 80 million, a new milestone of 60 million BBM subscribers and 60 million users of the Facebook app for BlackBerry.
If you keep an eye on Blackberry 10 you will notice just how much of a change RIM is going through and with their focus on developers, we are sure to see an evolutionary change in Blackberry.
A strong feature in Blackberry 10 is the new FLOW – check it out here:
Recently, BlackBerry Jam Americas conference in San Jose, RIM (Research In Motion) President and CEO, Thorsten Heins, revealed more of the core features of the forthcoming BlackBerry 10 operating system.
The updates to the beta software development tools continue to improve the ease and speed of development for BlackBerry 10 – the most open ecosystem in mobile today. Developers can choose to develop apps with the languages and frameworks they’re comfortable using – including; Native C/C++, Qt, HTML5, Adobe AIR and Android Java runtime technologies. Developers can use the skills and knowledge they already have to quickly and easily build high quality and engaging apps.
New features of the BlackBerry 10 development tools improve readability of code and increase efficiency and convenience when building and editing applications. Changes include:
BlackBerry 10 Core Applications
- Software update for both the BlackBerry 10 simulator and BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha now includes the core BlackBerry 10 message center, contacts, calendar, and BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) applications
- Developers can now start to develop BBM enabled applications for BlackBerry 10 smartphones
Introduction of a new Native (C/C++) plug-in for Microsoft Visual Studio
- Allows game developers to use their existing Microsoft Visual Studio tools to port their game titles to both the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet and BlackBerry 10 smartphones
Updated Ripple Simulator
- Additional support for BlackBerry 10 device and API emulation
- Ripple now offers Adobe Cordova (PhoneGap) some of the best support available in a web simulator
Want to know more ? check these out: